We are hiring a full-time Clinical Intake Specialist & Mental Health Therapist
Remuneration: $50-90 per hour
At Life Transitions our mission is to provide high-quality mental and behavioral health care to diverse communities and vulnerable populations. We facilitate therapy for individuals and heal families affected by mental health issues and support them to lead healthy and productive lives. In an average year, our single service locations in Pierce County serve approximately 950 adults, youths, and families in our community. We specialize in treating Mild to Moderate and Moderate to Severe acuity issues as well as low-income, ethnic minority, multi-system involved, and “harder to serve” adults and youth.
The Mental Health Intake Specialist will be part of the growing field of behavioral health services. This position will be based primarily at our Tacoma location however occasional travel or telehealth intakes may be required with our service partner locations in Olympia and Orting. Interested candidates must be experienced and licensed Mental Health Clinicians and ready to serve with our adult team.
Responsibilities of the Mental Health Intake Specialist:
- Perform intake interviews/assessments and collects and process psycho-social data from participants, families, peers, and others as appropriate.
- Completes up to four clinical intakes per week or as needed.
- Ensure prompt, accurate clinical documentation and submit all paperwork, including treatment plans, and progress notations in assigned participant files; preparation of treatment contracts, letters, referrals, and discharge summaries of terminated participants.
- Maintains a client caseload with 20-35 visits per week in a private practice model supported by insurance billing.
- Knowledgeable of the mental health recovery model and integrates recovery principles into clinical practice.
- Maintains all program files in a professional and efficient manner according to procedures outlined in the THS clinical manuals and in accordance with WAC (Washington Administrative Code).
- Develops, maintains, and implements crisis and treatment plans with participants’ input, focusing on building upon strengths.
- Consults with psychiatric providers, ARNP, or chemical dependency and other professionals as needed.
- Assists in resolving participant’s issues, as they relate to staffing decisions. Participates in consultations and presentations as needed.
- Provides appropriate referrals to clients outside the scope of Life Transitions practice.
Minimum Required Training and Experience for the Mental Health Intake Specialist
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a social service field is required.
- MHP credential or qualifies for this credential upon hire.
- At least one year of post-masters experience providing counseling, case management, and group services to individuals and their families.
- Possesses experience in working with multi-ethnic populations in outreach, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution skills. Experience in addressing issues related to mental health
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other service systems and community members.
- One year of experience providing clinical intakes in a Behavioral Health Agency Setting.
- Experience diagnosing complex mental health issues.
- Experience referring clients to other mental health agencies when presenting acuity is outside the scope of practice of the available clinicians at Life Transitions.
- Familiarity with Feedback Informed Therapy or a willingness to learn and implement this model.
Life Transitions Mission: Provide high-quality mental and behavioral health care to diverse communities and vulnerable populations.
Closing Date: The positions will remain open until filled.
Life Transitions promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of its employment practices without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, or veteran status.
Explore other opportunities at Life Transitions: https://lifetransitions2020.com/careers/.