Life Transitions is hiring mental health providers (interns) for Fall 2022 and Winter 2023
The Life Transitions internship program provides opportunities for students to demonstrate increasing counseling competence with complex and diverse caseloads. Students will demonstrate these competencies while working under the supervision of onsite mental health professionals. The internship experience focuses on the continued development and refinement of therapy skills and the provision of ethically and culturally competent counseling services to diverse client populations in the Tacoma area and surrounding communities.
Position: Internship – Part Time
Salary: Internships are typically non-compensated positions
As a clinical interns at Life Transitions, students are asked to:
- Maintain HIPPA compliance and confidentiality while providing direct therapy services.
- Maintain regular contact with supervisors per licensing requirements.
- Consult with the supervisor and/or staff about optimizing and supporting the client’s mental health.
- Have knowledge of professional and ethical standards and practices.
- Have knowledge of safe work practices.
- Work with a wide range of socio-economic and ethnic groups.
- Work with a supervisor to determine best practices and therapeutic approaches.
- Communicate clearly in written and oral formats.
- Work as part of a team making decisions and recommendations for client services and support.
- Establish effective working relationships with staff, other agencies, and the public.
- Respond promptly to requests of internal and external clients.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize your work to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks within established timelines, including maintaining accurate electronic health records and files.
- Maintain an orderly work environment and perform tasks in a prescribed and safe manner.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the performance of job duties.
- Maintain and improve professional skills and knowledge.
- Be flexible and receptive to change.
- Understand and apply principles, techniques, and procedures required for effective job performance.
- Maintain punctuality.
- Behave professionally and ethically as outlined by the agency, state, and national guidelines for professional mental health providers.
- Complete evaluation requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain attendance and hourly contract – When appropriate communicate and plan for absences.
- Maintain required documentation for practice (i.e. DOH licenses, liability insurance, etc.).
- Maintain openness to modifications made to the Clinical Intern Duties and Responsibilities document.
Qualifications for Internship:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, education, or closely allied field; AND have either of the following credentials prior to seeing clients:
- Certified Counselor (WAC 246-810; RCW 18.19)
- Agency Affiliated License (see bottom of the page for the link to the application)
- Have a written clinical supervisory agreement on file.
- Spanish speaking is desired but not required.
Physical demands: A minimal to moderate amount of work may be required at times when supporting families in learning household chores, cooking skills, and hoarding cleanouts. The ability to access a variety of environments that may not be ADA accessible is required.
- A commitment to providing 10-15 hours of direct client services per week.
- Have availability to work 20 hours per week which includes supervision and documentation requirements.
Life Transitions Mission: Provide high-quality mental and behavioral health care to diverse communities and vulnerable populations.
Closing Date: The positions will remain open until filled.
Agency Affiliated Counselor Application Link:
Life Transitions promotes equal opportunity in all aspects of its employment practices without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, or veteran status.
Explore other opportunities at Life Transitions: https://lifetransitions2020.com/careers/.